Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vegan diet has led this fatman to a 47 pound loss in 10 months...

The last time I posted an update on my weight loss activities (back in June) I had lost 35 pounds. As of this morning, I'm now down 47 pounds, with 103 to go on my overall goal of 150 pounds.

So that means I've lost 47 pounds in just about 10 months. I know to many folks who watch those horrible nutri-whatever commercials on TV that that may sound like a lot, but when you start out at 385 pounds it is really only s small achievement.

I do feel a lot healthier and have more energy than before. And my blood sugar seems to be easier to control, so I won't complain.

It is also 10 months or so since Elly and I adopted the Vegan Lifestyle (and I started Panhandle Vegan.) Of course, this has a great deal to do with the weight loss... it has caused a complete change in my "eating lifestyle", but that change had been surprisingly easy to pull off.

Someday I am going to head a post that says "Thin Diabetic Vegan is Down 150 Pounds." It will be at least another year and probably more... so please bear with me.   -BT

(Posted in cooperation with Under The LobsterScope)

No comments:

Post a Comment