Monday, July 26, 2010

Good Natured - A Green General Store

I meant to get this article up awhile ago - but then I had that week or so with no computer while I waited for my new one to show up. Anyway, better late than never.

Martinsburg, WV, has what is billed as a "Green General Store" where you can by organic groceries, get vitamins and other health products and find lots of other things for cooking, housekeeping and general good living. Like most of the small "health food" stores you find in the general 75-mile radius, they are happy to order for you, especially since they don't have the space that a MOM's or Common Market has, and this one is also a pickup point for one of the Community Farm Programs.

I talked with Jeff, who was running the store while I was there, and asked him about the construction going on in the back of the building (an old Victorianesque house)  and he told me they were building a cafe which would be serving vegetarian and vegan items. Not a bad thing at all.

The thing that caught my attention though was the prices which were not as high as a lot of the real small health food stores in the area. That was a very pleasant surprise... I just wish they had more items.


Good Natured
209 S Raleigh St
Martinsburg, WV 25401
304-262-9978
304-262-9909

http://www.goodnaturedllc.com
Plenty of parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment